One can get a discount on a product for a reason. For example “I received a discount for the damage to the box when I bought this toy.” There are also discounts for senior citizens and for students but the discounts are still on the product as Murphy said.
How do you use discount in a sentence?
If you promote our goods, we will give you a good discount as our part of the bargain.
- They are often available at a discount.
- I can give you a small discount.
- This is a discount price.
- Would you give me a discount?
- There is a special discount for staff.
- They were selling everything at a discount .
Which is correct discount in or discount on?
The results were pretty conclusive: The final ruling was in: while you can refer to offering ’10 per cent off’, it should always be a ’10 per cent discount on’. And so all hostilities ceased, with one side graciously conceding (and the other refraining from saying ‘Told you so’).
What is a discount used for?
Discounting is the process of determining the present value of a payment or a stream of payments that is to be received in the future. Given the time value of money, a dollar is worth more today than it would be worth tomorrow. Discounting is the primary factor used in pricing a stream of tomorrow’s cash flows.
How do you ask for a discount?
HOW TO ASK FOR A DISCOUNT
- Just Ask! …
- Be Polite – Kill them with kindness! …
- Ask for a Manager – A normal salesperson or employee probably won’t be able to give you a discount. …
- Inquire About Future Sales – If they can’t give you a discount, ask them if they can tell you when any upcoming sales will be.
How do you write a discount message?
How to Write a Discount Offer for Limited Time Only?
- Make sure customers are aware that sales are time-limited.
- Write an attention-grabbing headline mentioning the occasion/ saving percentage/ special gifts/ timeframe.
- Highlight the deadline with bright coloring, bold text, or any other special effects.
How do you ask for discount via email?
Tips for writing effective discount offer emails
- Choose the right tone: Be sure to keep a consistent tone in all of your emails. …
- Be concise: Get to the point quickly. …
- Focus on the value: Keep your email focused on the value you’re providing for the user – which is the discount code.
What the difference between discount and off?
Off is a preposition, save is a verb, and discount is a noun, sometimes a verb.
Which word is a synonym for discounts?
What is another word for discount?
What is another word for discount rate?
In this page you can discover 6 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for discount rate, like: deduction, (advance) interest, charge, interest, discount and bank discount.
Does discount mean cheap?
To sell at less than the regular price. The definition of discount is reduced prices or something being sold at a price lower than that item is normally sold for. … Discount means a reduction off of the normal price for goods or services. An example of a discount is 10 percent off.
What’s the discount?
The discount is list price minus the sale price then divided by the list price and multiplied by 100 to get a percentage. Where: L = List Price. S = Sale Price.
Why should we discount?
Offering discounts on goods or services is a way to quickly draw in potential customers. … Discounts not only bring new business and attention as a marketing tool, they can help improve your bottom line.
What is the root word for discount?
discount (v.) 1620s, “reckon as an abatement or deduction” (a sense now obsolete), from Old French desconter “reckon off, account back” (13c., Modern French décompter), from Medieval Latin discomputare, from dis- “away, from” (see dis-) + computare “to reckon, to count” (see compute).